VIII International multi-genre online competition
«Music of Spring»
March 20, 2021
Organizer: International Festival Movement «Astana Stars»
Supported by: Department of Culture of Nur-Sultan
Information support: Art-dance
The jury: Leading experts on culture, professors of the Kazakh National Academy of Choreography, the Kazakh National University of Arts of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kazakh National Kurmangazy Conservatory, Honored Artists of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Participants: Students: children’s music schools; art schools; music schools, colleges and universities; state and non-state educational institutions, institutions of additional education, and participants of amateur groups and individual performers.
The competition is held in the following nominations:
* A group — Vocal art (soloists, small forms, ensembles, choirs):
1. pop vocals
2. folk vocals
3. academic vocals
4. jazz vocals.
5. vocal-instrumental ensembles.
* B group — Choreographic art (soloists, small forms, ensembles):
1. folk dances
2. folk stylization
3. classical choreography
4. pop dance
5. street dance
6. children’s dance
7. ballroom choreography, etc.
* C group — Instrumental art (soloists, small forms, ensembles):
2. String and plucked instruments
3. Brass section
5. Folk instruments
6. Orchestras and ensembles
* D group — Original art (soloists, small forms, ensembles):
1st Genre-fashion theaters
2nd Genre-dance theaters
4th Artistic word
Professional groups are allowed to participate, whose performances are evaluated according to a separate system.
The contest can be attended by: soloists, duets, trios, quartets, ensembles, orchestras, choirs.
• 1st age category: up to 7 years of age;
• 2nd age category: 8-10 years of age;
• 3rd age category: 11-13 years of age;
• 4th age category: 14-16 years of age;
• 5th age category: 17-20 years of age;
• 6th age category 21 years of age and older;
* professional (age is not limited);
* teacher and student;
• mixed group.
• Participants perform 1 piece of music with a duration of up to 5 minutes.
• It is forbidden for vocalists to perform lip-synched
• level of instrumental technique;
• purity of intonation and musical tuning;
• difficulties of repertoire;
• beauty of timbre and power of voice;
• compliance of the repertoire with the performance capabilities and age category of the performer;
• compositional construction of performance
• the competition applies the qualification principle of evaluating given the age of performers.
• the jury’s decision is final and cannot be reviewed.
• the organizing committee is not responsible for the evaluation of the jury members and participants’ titles.
• the results of the competition and awards are held separately, given the age categories.
• teachers are sent a brief comment about participant’s performance from the jury at will.
♫ Grand Prix (diploma)
♫ Winners of 1,2,3 degrees (diploma)
♫ Each member of the ensemble is awarded a personal diploma.
♫ All teachers are awarded with letters of thanks.
In addition, special diplomas can be established:
«Diploma for the best ballet master’s work»
«Diploma for artistry»
«Diploma for the youngest participant»
«The Best debut»
The competition fee:
Soloist: 4,000 tenge (800 rubles) 10 US dollars
Duet: 3,000 tenge. (per participant) (600 rubles) 8 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
Trio: 2 000 tenge (per participant) (400 rubles) 5 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
Quartet: 2 000 tenge (per participant) (400 rubles) 5 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
Ensembles: 1 500 tenge (per participant) (300 rubles) 4 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
Choir: 1500 (per participant) (300 rubles) 4 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
Orchestra: 1500 (per participant) (300 rubles) 4 US dollars/at the rate of Euro
What is necessary to participate:
• Send the application form and video materials (youtube links or videos in mp4 format) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org until March 17, 2021
• Payment is accepted until March 19, 2021 (details will be sent after submitting the application)
• All award products will be sent to your email on March 27, 2021.
• Participation in the contest implies the unconditional consent of the participants to all points of this regulation.