To the 100th anniversary of the birth of Astor Piazzolla
International instrumental online music competition
««El Gran Astor»
May 20, 2021
Organizer: International Festival Movement «Astana Stars»
Supported by: Department of Culture of Nur-Sultan
Participants: Students: children’s music schools; art schools; music schools, colleges and universities; state and non-state educational institutions, institutions of additional education, and participants of amateur groups and individual performers.
Izmailov Nurlan — Honored Worker of Kazakhstan, professor of the Higher Attestation Commission, graduate of the Moscow P. I. Tchaikovsky Conservatory. Currently, N. T. Izmailov is a professor of the Piano Department of the Kazakh National University of Arts of Kazakhstan.
Aitzhan Toktagan — Honored Worker of Culture of Kazakhstan, professor of the Kurmangazy Conservatory, member of the Higher Attestation Commission.
The competition is held in the following nominations:
♫ General piano
♫ String instruments
♫ Wind instruments
♫ Percussion instruments
♫ Folk instruments
♫ Instrumental ensembles
The contest can be attended by: soloists, duets, trios, quartets, ensembles, orchestras, choirs.
• 1st age category: up to 7 years of age;
• 2nd age category: 8-10 years of age;
• 3rd age category: 11-13 years of age;
• 4th age category: 14-16 years of age;
• 5th age category: 17-20 years of age;
• 6th age category 21 years of age and older;
• professional (age is not limited);
• teacher and student;
• mixed group.
• Participants perform 1 piece of music with a duration of up to 5 minutes.
• Free execution program: different composers and styles
• Musicality, artistic interpretation of a piece of music;
• Compliance of the repertoire with the performance capabilities and age category of the performer;
• Performing Arts;
• Proficiency in musical instruments;
• Purity of intonation and musical tuning;
• Technical capabilities of ensemble performance.
• the competition applies the qualification principle of evaluating given the age of performers.
• the jury’s decision is final and cannot be reviewed.
• the organizing committee is not responsible for the evaluation of the jury members and participants’ titles.
• the results of the competition and awards are held separately, given the age categories.
♫ Grand Prix (diploma)
♫ Winners of 1,2,3 degrees (diploma)
♫ Each member of the ensemble is awarded a personal diploma.
♫ All teachers are awarded with letters of thanks.
The competition fee:
Soloist: 12 Euro
Duet: 8 Euro (each person)
Trio: 7 Euro (each person)
Quartet: 6 Euro (each person)
Ensembles more than 5 persons: 5 Euro (each person)
Choir: 5 Euro (each person)
Orchestra: 5 Euro (each person)
What is necessary to participate:
• Send the application form and video materials (youtube links or videos in mp4 format) to the following email address:
email@example.com until May 16, 2021
• Payment is accepted until May 18, 2021 (details will be sent after submitting the application)
• All award products will be sent to your email on May 27, 2021
• Participation in the contest implies the unconditional consent of the participants to all points of this regulation